Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Wrist sprain, high blood pressure. At what point should I see my doctor?

My blood preasure is 140/92 with a rst heart of 87. It use to be 120/80 with a rate if 70 the last 10 years. Sprained my wrist two weeks ago thats when I went to the hospitol and read my blood preasure. I am 45y/o need to loose 100 lbs and exersise more. I stopped with caffenated drinks ,eat better and joined a gym a month ago. . At what point do I need to see my doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Your BP is just above normal for your age.
But,recording of BP should not be done when there is pain.
You should be comfortable during BP recording.
If the BP recording is 140/92 continously for few days,then you have to consult your doctor.
A BP machine will be attached to your hand and it is measured regularly for 24 hrs and based on the readings,Hypertension can be diagnosed.
If you have any doubt,ask your doctor for this procedure and proceed accordingly.
Wish you good health
Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor