Will smoking cause facial numbness?

I have been smoking cigarettes for a few months now and this has never happened before. But my face just went numb after I smoked my last one and I put it out. I think it s because I was inhaling too much smoke too quickly I m just wondering why my face would go numb
Mon, 12 Oct 2015
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response
not exactly, no.
The sensation in the face is due to three sets of different nerves at least. and there are a pair of nerves for each section (one to the right and one to the left). "THe whole face" would be a very odd distribution of symptoms. Classically is numbness mainly around the mouth. This occurs with hyperventilation.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
it may be due to thiamine deficiency .are you having some other substance like alochol along with smoking. you will have to cut down your smoking and consult general physician first.