Will contact lens overuse syndrome heal over time with proper care?

My son, age 32, who started wearing contact lenses in the sixth grade was recently diagnosed with contact lense overuse syndrome. He is in his 3rd year residency as an orthopedic surgeon with the Navy. I feel his lifestyle as a resident doctor with long hours has contributed to his condition. He dislikes wearing glasses and now is unsure if he is a candidate for lasik surgery. Can this condition of overuse syndrome heal in time with the proper care?
Tue, 3 Jun 2014