Why doesn t Clonazepam show up in a blood test report despite its consumption?

My 39 year old son is taking clonazepam 0.25 mg and his blood test show negative- not taking it. He does take one at am and one in the pm. I give it to him. It make me angry because it appears to the provider that I am not giving my son his medicine. What could be some reasons that it not showing up in his blood test? Thanks
Mon, 24 Sep 2018

It is due to the metabolites which are not detected in urine by standard tests.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Varinder Joshi,