Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Why does my son get red eyes while eating eggs, beans and milk and what is the treatment ?

Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Paul,

Welcome to HCM.
Your son may be allergic to one or all of these food items.
If red eye is seen only when he eats one of these, then he should avoid eating them.
If he constantly has red eye, then you must consult an ophthalmologist and get a detailed examination done, to pin point the cause for red eye.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your son might have allergy to this things.most likely due to protein whch these contains.
Avoid these things in the breakfast or in the meals.
If red eyes are more put anti allergic eye drops and give phenargan syrup.
ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. Redness of eye after eating the foods mentioned indicates ur son has a food allergy so he should avoid these as it can b harmful , may in rare cases cause more severe anaphylaxis(allergy).Does ur child have any other allergy, dry skin,asthma etc?If yes i suggest u see a pediatrician becoz ur child cud be having a condition called Atopy.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor