Why cant animals get heart attacks, but people do ?

A book by Dr. Mattias makes such claims, but I wanted to get some objective resources.
Sat, 2 Jan 2010
's  Response
animals can have heart attacks too, its a major cause of death for most animals that live long lives (like gorrillas and stuff). dogs and cats and stuff only live for 10 years or so and they dont have time and they also dont have all the cholesterol and crap in their diets to clog their arteries up so it just doesnt happen as often. if they do its usually because of a birth defect.
Maurice's  Response

It wouldn't be surprised if it were true because bears, who do have long lives, do seem have high levels of cholesterol during hibernation, and I don't hear about them dying of heart disease in droves as Tommaso claims.