Owl Image

Why am i getting burning sensation in vagina during urination ?

Hi, Just 3 days ago I took a bath using dish soap and body wash to use to make bubbles. Sense that day, which would be 3 days ago, everytime I urine, it burns right when it is about to enter out of my vagina. It hurts by the lips. I have been using cream, but I want to know more if there is something else I should be using or doing? And best part is, I am on my period for 5 more days. Thanks!
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
Hi
Welcome to healthcareMagic.

You probably had a reaction to the dish soap you used.Dish soap has strong chemical when compared to body bathing soaps and so can cause irritation when come in contact with sensitive areas like eyes , lips , genitals.You could be having an infection on top of it which can be confirmed on examination.
i advise you to visit your Gynecologist and get treatment regimen.She may advise a topical steroid cream using which symptoms come down.Meanwhile keep drinking plenty of fluids to reduce infection if any.