Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Which doctor should I consult for stomach pain in front of ribs ?

I have dull ache on the left side of stomach, just in front of ribs in the stomach. Its at one point only and has been more or less persistently for last 4 years. Of late (2 months) i have also developed severe acidity with burning sensation if i eat ANYTHING even VERY MILDLY spicy and have to continue to drink water to eat. IS it serious and if yes, what specialist should i consult?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You could be having stomach ulcer. You need to get a gastro-duodenoscopy done to examine the inside of your stomach and duodenum and if an ulcer is found they will do a biopsy from that site for histo-pathological examination.
In addition an ultrasound examination is also advisable.
The condition may or may not be serious, depending on the finding.
You should not ignore it. Consult a Gastroenterologist.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Wed, 13 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor