Whats good for high BP ?

whats good for high blood pressure ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Get a fish tank with lots of fish...then sit and stare at them

What kind of foods is good to eat to either lower blood pressure or to prevent high blood pressure ?

good mornng. i am having bp in the range of 140/90 to 145/95 almost all days. I am 55 yrs old male and there is no any other medical problems except hypothyroidism- which came after i developed hyperthyroidism due to a financial psychological incidence and due to the overtake of antihyperthyroid drugs causing full damage to the thyroid. i just wanted to know if i can take norvasc 5mg and if so at what time of the day.waiting for a response.

My blood pressure is always between 116/64 and 120/70, is that considered high blood pressure? I m a 51 year old woman in good health, not overweight and I take very good care of myself. Whenever I go to the PCP, I always get ticked off before I get into the office, usually by either being kept waiting for over an hour, being told that I don t have an appointment after driving 40 miles to get there and taking time off of work or other piddly nonsense. Any other Dr that I go to w/the exception of the OB/Gyn and the PCP, my bp is normal. Thursday my bp was 131/86. The time before 133/81. He s talking about putting me on BP meds and cholesterol meds (my choles is only 208 and I eat very healthy, mostly vegetarian.) Do the Dr s get kickbacks for this? I asked him to please get records from EVERY other Dr that I see to see that it s only him and the ob/gyn that I have high blood pressure at, but he refuses...and I refuse to go on medication for a supposed health issue that I don t have. (I was molested by an ob/gyn and whenever I have to go, I have to take a witness in the room with me and my BP is usually 180/100 from sheer terror that it might happen again.)

Recent questions on  Hypertension

dear sir,i am 35 year old. having the ED problem since form 2 year, as i consulated with doctor, they have tested me the sugar BP & TESTOSTERONE (FREE) found evernting normal. and suggested me the Nano leo cap twice a day for three month. Kindly requesting to give us the suggescation regarding this .

Dr. Oz, I know you're show is geared mostly towards women but I really am in dyer need of help. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm currently taking two 20mg instant release Adderalls a day. My blood pressure is normal on a daily basis, but high blood pressure and heart disease does run in my family. My concern is in regards to Erectile Disfunction. It is a real self confidence killer! My penis doesn't get fully erect when I'm about to have sex, its hard but not where it can stay up the air hard..excuse the reference. Also some other times it will get hard, but it will not stay that way for long amounts of time. Does anyone know why this could be? I also have trouble staying hard. For example if it slips out, there is a switch of positions,or the slightest distraction, it wont remain hard. I take adderall but don't notice a difference in this when I take it and when I don't. I exercise regularly (4-5x a week) and eat relatively healthy(for a college student). I am stressed a lot and i know that could be a cause of my problems. but does anyone have any ideas? Also is it to early for someone my age (22) to take pills such as viagra or cialis? What are the long term side effects?

I dont get proper eraction while performing sex,In past I was brown sugar addict,now I have got dibetis and high blood pressure but my main problem is not getting proper erection of penis can you give me an appointment timing and day where I can discuss my problems face to face or suggest me any sexologist who can give me proper treatment.
Thanking you in anticipation
Your's faithfully
SHIRISH ANDHARI

I have OPMD and I am about to get some dental work done, do I need to notify my neurologist or will it be alright to have the dentist work on my mouth? Thank you for your answer I am 5 5 weight 191 pounds, and suffer from diabetes, OPMD, high blood pressure, ulcerative colitis, sleep apnea, high cholsterol, in order words, my health is in poor but stable condition. my sugar is not under control, and my muscular dystrophy seems to be getting worst, and I suffer from schio affective and other mental issues. I hope that you can help me. When I was at the dentist office yesterday and while my mouth was being opened, it felt like my breathing was cut off. Why is that?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...