Whats good for high BP ?

whats good for high blood pressure ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Get a fish tank with lots of fish...then sit and stare at them

What kind of foods is good to eat to either lower blood pressure or to prevent high blood pressure ?

good mornng. i am having bp in the range of 140/90 to 145/95 almost all days. I am 55 yrs old male and there is no any other medical problems except hypothyroidism- which came after i developed hyperthyroidism due to a financial psychological incidence and due to the overtake of antihyperthyroid drugs causing full damage to the thyroid. i just wanted to know if i can take norvasc 5mg and if so at what time of the day.waiting for a response.

My blood pressure is always between 116/64 and 120/70, is that considered high blood pressure? I m a 51 year old woman in good health, not overweight and I take very good care of myself. Whenever I go to the PCP, I always get ticked off before I get into the office, usually by either being kept waiting for over an hour, being told that I don t have an appointment after driving 40 miles to get there and taking time off of work or other piddly nonsense. Any other Dr that I go to w/the exception of the OB/Gyn and the PCP, my bp is normal. Thursday my bp was 131/86. The time before 133/81. He s talking about putting me on BP meds and cholesterol meds (my choles is only 208 and I eat very healthy, mostly vegetarian.) Do the Dr s get kickbacks for this? I asked him to please get records from EVERY other Dr that I see to see that it s only him and the ob/gyn that I have high blood pressure at, but he refuses...and I refuse to go on medication for a supposed health issue that I don t have. (I was molested by an ob/gyn and whenever I have to go, I have to take a witness in the room with me and my BP is usually 180/100 from sheer terror that it might happen again.)

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I am on 3 15mg tabs. of morphine a day, & a 30mg that is er. at bed. I want to taper off of them, but do not have a lg. quantity left. My pain mgmt. dr. lost his license, & it will be I don t know how long before I can get a new one, & I want to make my supply last that I have left.

Hi I have a BP monitor at home . Right now my reading is 130/86. I have a Bicuspic valve. Today I have been put on a low dose of BP medication after my clinic measured my BP at 151/113. This was taken immediately on arrival at the clinic after walking from the car park and a rather stressfull car journey. Am I right to be concerned about the starting medication on this evidence? .. I have recently had my personel BP monitor calybrated ..AGE 50 thank you

My father has multiple myeloma. he s on his third month of the BiRD treatment right now with Revlmid, biaxin and dexamethazone. his BP has been low this week and tonight has dropped to 101/53. he s weak and can t keep his eyes open and has sever leg cramps. He s been fairly active since on the treatment since this particular regimen can cause blood clots. He s coherent and not dizzy at all. we can t get him to drink much, but we are thinking maybe the low bp is due to dehydration. we can t get ahold of his doctor or nurse right now. should we worry? is there anything we can do to make it come up?

My mother is not feeling well, woke up 3:00am with shakes, couple hours later, vomiting and diahrea...feeling very week...BP 30 min ago 95/54, just moments ago, 101/45...has been able to keep down some soup, couple crackers, diet 7up...my first worry is her BP...?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...