Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

What will happen if a piece of plastic is swallowed during pregnancy ?

Effects of accidental swallowing of a piece of plastic during pregnancy ?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  427
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

There won't be direct effects on the baby due to the plastic.
Problem might arise if the plastic leads to bowel obstruction
In most cases plastic comes out in stool without any problem
Have a healhy life
Answered: Sun, 18 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Nothing to worry,if it is swallowed then it will pass through gitract and will come out through stool.
problem may occur if it is stucked in upper respiratory tract or in the throat.
If pain and vomiting is not there,gradually it will come out.
Go for ultra sound to know the position.
Ok and bye.

Answered: Sun, 18 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor