• question-icon

What type of treatment is recommended for meniscus tear?

Hi i have had an acl reconstruction 1 year ago, and a medial meniscus. A few weeks back i tore my meniscus. The MRI scans said i tore Peripheral longitudinal tear of lateral, and complex tear within the medial meniscus. There is an acute sprain disruption of the graft.The surgeon said the meniscus is still stable but he thinks the acl is extended and i may need surgery again, but told me that i could still go and train. Do you think if i rest/do physical therapy i could be back to normal? Thank you
Mon, 20 Jul 2015
Thanks for the concern. According to history you have meniscal tear and MRI suggest the same. Meniscal tear cannot be cured by taking rest and physiotherapy. You have past history of acl reconstruction but in my opinion you should go for surgery and that's the only treatment for meniscal tear. For meniscal tear some patients have to go through more than one surgery. So please don't wait and go for surgery.