Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take for wound in my palm, when am having high sugar level ?

I had a fall about 12 days back and had injured my right palm.- was applying soframycin for a few days but did not take ats. after few days it was not heeling and went to a doctor after a week. He gave ats. He prescribed calmox 3 times a day but no major improvement. he added sepodem 200 and it is better. Being a diabetic, he asked me to check my sugar levels and it was 155 fasting and 255 pp. what should i do ? i take my diabetic medicines - glybovin 5mg-jalra-pia7.5 morng and glybovin 5 mg evening. I am out of action for almost two weeks and hence concerned.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hi, As you are diabetic with uncontrolled sugar levels the wound may take a longer time Apply some ointment like betadine on the wound. take proper antibiotics along with vitamin C for wound healing
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. Wounds usually take longer to heal in diabetics as the immunity is compromised. You need to keep it clean and consult your diabetologist to check the doses. In such cases the sugar level must be kept in control and this sometimes needs dose escalation. You are already taking antibiotics. Maybe regular dressings of the wound will help you.
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor