Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for pimple scars ?

hai doctor , am XXXX age 28 , holes on my face due to pimples but it makes me feel more can u suggest m e any cream or laser treatment pls
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for choosing HCM..,

Holes on face...called Postpitted acne..,

It is Atrophic scar...,

Good treatment is available ...,

LASER is the best..,

There have been a number of exciting advances in laser medicine...,

which have resulted in vast improvements in our ability to treat acne scars....,

1) In the early days of laser medicine they used a Carbon Dioxide laser..,

which destroys the top layers of the skin,

reasonable risk of side-effects with CO2 laser,now it is giveup..,

2) NON-ABLATIVE LASERS.. which, unlike CO2, do not remove the top layers of the skin...,

and are non-destructive. These lasers have less risk and...,

are more effective at treating acne scarring than the ablatives....,

My treatment of choice..,

3) PULSED DYE LASER... One of the benefits of the pulsed-dye laser is...,

that it can take the redness out of the acne scars....,

Since often acne scars are red, this can very quicklY.,

within a month, improve the appearance of acne scars tremendously..,

4) FRACTIONAL LASER...., have been reported to produce remodeling in acne scars without the downtime of ablative resurfacing.

So follow up the case accordingly..,

Consult good dermatosurgeon...good luck
Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Udhay Sidhu's  Response

These could be ' acne scars' usually a sequale to the pimples.

First and foremost do not squezze if you have any new pimples.

For the exisiting ones you can go for Micrdermabrasion or Fractional laser.

Take Care

Answered: Mon, 12 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor