Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be done for irregular periods and infertility ?

We got married for last 8 years but we failed to conceive my wife is suffering from infertility & irregular means problem.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
you and your wife need to get thoroughly investigated as to what is preventing her from conceiving.That includes getting a baseline ultrasound scan of pelvis to look for uterus-any fibroids, endometrial thickness, Ovary state of follicles.Next she has to undergo hormonal tests like Tsh, Fsh,Lh ,prolactin to see if eggs are being released normally or not.Then baseline blood investigations like, Hb,Tc etc,, to see blood status.Next a Hsg test is done to see if tubes are patent,
Meanwhile you will be asked to get your semen analysis to see whether good number, quality, deformed/normal head etc..
Let us know.
Answered: Mon, 28 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor