Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What to do when there is a lump on roof of the mouth ?

I burnt my mouth 3 weeks ago and a painful lump appeared on the roof of my mouth. It is still there and is still uncomfortable. It did get a bit better but is now sore again. What can I do to help it to heal. I am washing my mouth with salt water.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Lump at the roof of the mouth can be due to trauma caused due to burnt
This normally heals within 5-7 days with symptomatic treatment provided and there is no superinfection.

I would suggest you to apply Dologel oral ointment topically over the affected area which provides numbing effect, relieves pain and helps in faster healing.

Use antiseptic mouthwash gargles twice daily.

Start with course of antioxidants daily nad anlgesics to relieve pain.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
hello dear, u can apply stomela gel locally over the injury, dont worry will heal in 3 to 4 days.avoid hot foods and drinks which will aggravate the condition.
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Mahendra K Shah's  Response
hi You should see a doctor for your lump it could be an inflammed area after burns. In the mean time you can take an antiinflammatory drug and if necessary an antibiotic
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
Any burn or bite injury in mouth heals very rapidly as blood supply of this area is very good. Do as follows:
1) Antiseptic mouth washes like Hexidine, 2-3 times a day
2) A good multivitamin twice a day
3) You can also apply a pain relieving gel locally
4) Avoid spicy & hot foods/ drinks; take a nutritious diet
If it doesnot heal in few days, please see an ENT specialist for thourough evaluation.
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor