Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

What to do if BP starts to rise rapidly ?

my grandma s blood pressure goes up really quick like up to 210 some times, now its like at 160 or 180, she can t walk or anything and it starts to rise occasionally. What should she do when it starts to rise? she s 60 years old.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  285
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.You need to keep a close watch on it and then inform your doctor accordingly.If she is not on drugs she need to be on anti hypertensive drugs.The blood pressure is quite high and must not be neglected.Make her to move in and around house to prevent other complication and go for routine check up on regular basis.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor