What should be done for my son who is suffering from fever and bleeding from his tooth while brushing ?

my son is 23months old and for the past 3days he s been having a fever , and when i brush his teeth it bleeds.he also has some lesions on the sides of his tongue.what could be wrong?
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello

welcome to health care magic

well may be due to vitamin c deficiencyu

may be due to other infection like pyorrhoea

its better u consult some dentist
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
He could be having vitamin deficiency .Have you visited your Doctor to know the cause of his fever ? It is important to get evaluated for fever in kids as if any infection , the chances of getting worse are high.
I advise you to visit your Pediatrician and get your kid treated with an antibiotic if needed.I also advise you to get a peripheral smear along with blood counts tested.

Dentist Dr. MOHAMMAD SAIF's  Response

Does it bleeds regularly during brushing his teeth?
If it so first of all you need to change your brush to ultra soft kids brush (kindly change after every 3 months),
secondly, you need to see it by yourself that any depostion or collection is present on the entire dentition.

If the latter is present as a soft matter (plaque) then kindly clean it with the brush if hard matter is there then see a paediatric dentist.