What should be done after a shoulder replacement surgery in which a shoulder is not connected to an arm?

My father had a partial shoulder replacement surgery in Oct 2013, then a full shoulder replacement surgery last week. His doctor tells him that the surgery did not work and that the shoulder is not attached to the arm. His doctor does not know what to do. Looking for a specialist in the FTW Metroplex that can handle the correction of this surgery. Who do you recommend? Any idea why the surgery did not work the first two times?
Fri, 14 Apr 2017