Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What should I do for bad cough?

I am from Mumbai (India). My daughter who is almost 2 years old is suffering from bad cough ...while coughing i can feel lot of flem....i have given her Salbutamol (asthalin pump) for almost 10 days now but she is still very irritable. What should i do? how do i improve her immunity as she is falling ill every month. (pls note..i have a 4 year old son and since both are small they keep falling sick regularly and passing it on to each other). Please help
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi...your daughter appears to be suffering from chronic alveolitis...which is a common viral condition in children...get a chest X ray done...and start giving your daughter plain saline nebulisation...which will help in production of sputum and clearing of can start giving her syrup bromhexiene 5ml thrice a day...make sure the diet of your children is balanced and you can start giving oral zinc suspension to both of your childre as it will help in boosting of immunity.
Answered: Thu, 12 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor