Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What permanent solution is available other than surgery for removal of gallbladder stones ?

wanted to discuss with someone regarding Gallstone problem. My husband is 45 years old. He has been diagonised with gallbladder stones (multiple). What are the options available for a permanent solution other than surgery as there have been instances where people have undergone gallbladder operation but the problem still persists.
Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. welcome to HCM.
Treatment of already formed gall stones is nothing but surgery. You are taking note of instances where people are not treated by surgery but there are umpteenth number of cases where cholecystectomy (gall stone surgery) has healed people. Laproscopic or open surgery is a safe option.
Long standing gall stones may complicate issues by causing superimposed infection, perforation and even malignancy. So please be wise and judgemental for your benefit.
take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor