What other remedies apart from compression stockings are advisable for swelling in the legs?

I have swelling (let leg = 17 , right leg = 16 ) I am 5 and weigh 195. I have tried to get 20/30 compression stockings on and it is impossible (83 yrs old). Is there any home treatment equipment that I could use that would pump and massage my legs to help this situation?
Fri, 11 Jan 2019
There are such lower limb air massage equipment available, which can be worn like a trouser, and when connected to the plug, with electric driven motor, the air flows and causes compression and a massage effect on the limbs, This is helpful to reduce swelling of the lower limbs caused by venous and lymphatic edema. Once the legs loose the swelling, you could wear the compression stockings.