Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What medicine should I take to balance my hormones and get my regular menstrual cycles ?

Hi. Im 19 years old and when i was 14 i had my cycle once. It stopped after the one time... then when i was 17 i went to a gyne cause i never got it again. They did bloodtests and a sonar( wich showed everyting is fine), my bloodtests however showed that my hormones was imbalanced! he gave me pills that i used to get my cycle but stopped with it after 2 months. I am 19 now and only had my cycle 3 times in my life. I really need some serious advice! thanx
Wed, 25 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
including welcome to healthcaremagic
please consult gynecologist and get full clinical check up and investigations including hormonal levels including throid functions
be under doctor's care till your problem solved
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
welcome to health care magic. do not worry. you should get your hormonal levels done again . have you got your thyroid done too? also another sonography needs to be done . a few more tests like karyotyping also have to be done. you should visit a gynaecologist and get yourself fully evaluated. the underlying cause should be found out because there is no point in pills without complete evaluation. so go get an appointment with a good gynaecologist.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....