Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
126 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What kind of specialist should I consult for muscle weakness in the legs?

I am a 66 year old male who has experienced muscle weakness in bot the legs and shoulders. This condition started about May of this year I used to play golf up to 3 times per week but as my condition deteriorated I lost all distance on my golf shots. I have tried riding a stationary bike and walking with no results. There is no pain anywhere what kind of specialist should I go to
Fri, 9 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The symptoms can be related to many medical conditions.

I suggest doing a blood test, electrolyte level, and glycemic level.

Meanwhile, I also suggest using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen.

I also recommend using a Magnesium supplement for muscle relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir,I am 31 year old male hypothyroid diagnosed in 2006.I am also taking fluoxetine 60 mg for OCD and Telma AM for BP.I had a huge panic...