Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
166 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment of vas deferens pain ?

good day doctor,
I'm suffering from vas deferens pain since some months so I recently got my seminal vesicles injected and my urologist stated that this way also vas deferens, by liquid pressure, would receive the antibiotic. Is that true? because my symptoms didn't change and I recently saw on the net that vas deferens isn't directly connected to the seminal vesicles but both converge into the seminal excretory duct. Am I wrong? Thanks for your time
Fri, 25 Sep 2015
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Topics ,  
Urologist 's  Response
Thanks for query .
It is very difficult to diagnose pain due to infection exclusively of Vas Difference .It is always due to infection of spermatic cord (Funiculitis).

Giving injection into seminal vesicle will not give relief from pain due to Funicullitis .

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac along with Diethylcarbamazine (Hetrazan )
twice daily for 2 weeks.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, my left vas deferens are very enlarged/swollen - from where it attaches to the testicle all the way up to the top of the scrotum - it almost...

Recent questions on  Ejaculatory duct

doctor1 MD

I aged 45,and diabetic for the past 10 years.Semen volume gradually decreased and at present nil.Only the preseminal colourless fluid comes out...

doctor1 MD

I am aged 45,semen gradually decreased ,now only preseminal fluid is comingout.Married last 10 years back but no children.I am diabetic last 10...

doctor1 MD

My husband has a clog, in what I believe is his ejaculatory ducts. His doctor said surgery can make this worse, is there other alternates to...

doctor1 MD

I'm 48, 6'0, weigh 198 lbs and consider myself to be in good health. After some bowel movements, I experience some semen leaking from the penis. I...

doctor1 MD

I have pain between my testicles and anus only when I start to pee then need to hold it, so when I need to stop peeing, this is only at work I do...

doctor1 MD

During intercourse with my wife,my penis do not ejeculate.I am facing this problem from last 2 days only.Before that it was happened 5 or 6 months...

doctor1 MD

what does the absence of ejaculatory ducts mean?