Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) is more due to your weight.
Obesity is known risk factor for GERD.
It is due to laxity of gastroesophageal sphincter. Because of this the acid of the stomach tends to come up in the esophagus
and cause the symptoms of burping, gaseous feeling in stomach, chest tightness
, heaviness, burning central chest pain
So better to follow these lifestyle modifications for symptomatic relief in GERD.
1. Avoid stress and tension.
2. Avoid hot and spicy food.
3. Avoid large meals, instead take frequent small meals.
4. Start proton pump
inhibitors and prokinetic drugs.
5. Go for walk after meals. Keep 2-3 pillows under head in the bed to prevent reflux.
6. Do regular aerobic exercise
and loose your weight.
7. Avoid smoking and alcohol if you have these habits.
Don't worry, you will be alright with above mentioned modifications.
Hope I have solved your query.
Wish you good health. Thanks.