Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for Meningocele ?

Sir I am Arun from Bangalore. My 3 years son having meningocele problem by birth . 1. Meningocele operation done 3rd day of his birth 2. Shunt operation done after 1 and half month Now he is good in speech,hearing, response,reply, able to stand with support, crawling with support walking. sir i want to know further treatment is there which hospital?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Arun,

Welcome to HCM.
I think your son is doing fine and lucky that it was only meningocele and not myelomeningocele which could have caused more severe problems.
Best place to consult is the hospital where he had the surgeries. Because his shunt needs to be checked regularly.
Since you are in Bangalore, you have our national Institute NIMHANS, nearby and in any case of complications, that would be the ideal place to go.
Wishing your child a very healthy future.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor