What is the right time to test pregnancy when taking birth control pills?

I was on birth control that caused me to only have a period every 3 months. I stopped taking it a few weeks ago. A couple days after I stopped, I tried for a baby. About 2 days after that, my period started and lasted 5 days. The day my period ended, I tried again. I’m having symptoms of pregnancy, but I’m not sure if it’s because I am or if it’s because I’m making myself believe I am. When can I take an accurate pregnancy test if I have an irregular period?
Wed, 4 Sep 2019

The symptoms of early pregnancy are very similar to premenstrual syndrome so there is no way to confirm if you are pregnant or it is just a delay. You can have a pregnancy home test at least 5days of delayed period.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Olgeta Xhufka, General & Family Physician
General & Family Physician Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 's  Response

The symptoms of early pregnancy are very similar to premenstrual syndrome so there is no way to confirm if you are pregnant or it is just a delay.

You can have a pregnancy home test at least 5days of delayed period. The cycle may need some time to be regular again and fertile after stopping contraception depo.