What is the remedy for the food allergy for which cetirizine has caused thick mucus?

Hi was Having after food some allergy and feeling of sweelling and breathless due to which i went to doctor .he precribed cetrizine for Night 1tablet and predisolone 20mg 2days 15 for 2days 10for 2days 5for 2days.but i did nt use Those but took cetrizine 2tab for2days and felt good stoped.but as a result slowly i felt after few days mucous in Throat and chest but it became thick .later few months i started Having gastric with lot of acid .doctor preccribed somac.but still i feel lot of mucous thick when i eat food very discomfort .can i take predisolone now as he told to take.please advice.
Thu, 3 Apr 2014
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,

As you are having the symptoms of food allergy. As you were prescribed Tab Citrizine and prednisolone and weaned off over the period of time, these drugs will helps to control the symptoms.

These drugs can only control the symptoms but it cannot cure condition.

You need to avoid the food allergen which is responsible for all these symptoms, or you can choose immunotherapy. Either you can take subcutaneous immunotherapy or sublingual immunotherapy against the particular allergen.

Thank you.