What is the composition of gudcef tablet ?

just wanna know wats the combination of gudcef tab?????????
Wed, 11 Jan 2012
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Gudcef is cefpodoxime proxetil 200 mg.

Dose-- 200 mg bd.

It is 3rd generation cephalosporin.
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Kirthiha,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
GUDCEF-XL tab: cefpodoxime proxetil 200 mg, cloxacillin (ER) 500 mg, lactobacillus sporogenes 90 million
Dr. Naveen Kumar

hi my husband has brought some tablets from india for me i have cold head sympoms and catar in my head and a heavy feeling .i wanted too no what the tablets do i am typing in the names gudcef 200 ceipodoxime proxetil and a tablet called cetinzine hydachloride

good evening doc why is gudcef 200 used and what are its side effects, i am 35 years old female feeding my child and i have no other ailments and i am being prescribed this drug becoz i have severe cough and head ache and i tend to pass urine when i cough.

i have cold and cough little shivering also Dr gives me gudcef cv ,sinarest,pantoplex tablets and zedex syrup after 3 days my fever not gone completely before 100.7 f and now 99.6 then i consult another dr he told me that i have some throat infection so that s why my fever is not going completely and he gives me sinarest,azitural 500,and pantop40 did i need any blood test needed to conform what kind of a fever i got?

Recent questions on  Cefpodoxime

I have a boy 6 yrs 8 months old ( 25 kgs weight).When he starts to sneeze he continues for 5 to six times with white thick nasal discharge coming out after two or three discharges.This condition is present in him for about three years.Of course, this does not mean that he sneezes frequently.But when he starts to sneeze it does not stop quickly.Three years back once when he had fever with cough and cold he started wheezing particulary after repeated coughing.So far I have seen four episodes in him with rougly eight months to one year gap between each episode.During the second and third such episodes he also complained about slight pain in the chest muscles and shortness of breath.During the first episode I took him to a pediatrician who told to my shock that he may have Asthma.He asked whether anyone in my family has it or not.My mother developed Bronchial Asthma at the age of 45+ due to over load of work and climbing of stairs and also because we used to have pet dogs and later cats in our family.She is still having the same problem.However, now netiher we have any pets in our house , nor there is any chance of vehicular pollution or cigarette smoke.I don t know how my child could get asthma.The doctor gave salbutamol to him and some antiboitics also.But I did not give the salbutamol tablets to him fearing that once it is given it may permanently damage his lungs.During the second such episode after about one year.I took him to my company hospital where the doctor suggested to give nebulizer with asthaline for 5 minutes.This time I obeyed and my son told that he felt releived .During the third time also as per the advice of our Company s doctor I gave him nebulizer for 5 minutes .Recently, he had fourth such episode after about one year gap.This time the doctor sggested nebulizer for 5 minutes at Hospital and also 2 salbutamol 2 mg tablets daily for five dyas along with Cefpodoxime 100 mg for 5 days ( 2 daily).When he was a small baby we used to keep him near to our closed wodden window as our bed was situated near the window) during sleeping after covering him with sweater and all other precautions during cold seasons.Is it that due to exposure to cold her lungs got damaged.The place where I used to work then used to get very cold during cold season.Anyway I used to keep a room heater below him also.Please confirm whether my child is asthamatic or not.Earlier to this episodes I used to give him cetrizine cough syrups on some occasions when he had cough and cold.

For what illness Macpod CV 200 is administered? What dosage? What are the side effects?

I got bit by either a mite, tick, or a spider on the bottom part of the head of my penis. Now there is a black mark on the head, and my skin on the bottom of my shaft is extremely raw and there's a white gooey pus that is under the rim. Also, sex...

Hi Doctor , My daughter is 18 months old suffering from caugh, today morning she had fever 104 we gave caplol 1 ml now fever comedown but she is now coughing lot and omitting, omitting white bulgum omitting after every meal plz suggest medicin for...

hi...i am a 24 yr old healthy male diagnosed with enteric fever today... i have diarrhea with generalised body pain fluctuating fever for the past 10 days and severe headache.. my widal came with titre more than 1:320... kindly let me kw if monocef-o (cefpodoxime) wrks wel

My baby 1.2 years. suffering from fever.it was started on 30th march 7.00pm.there was no doctor at my locality at night.temp goes up to 103 f.i gave him dose of crosin drop 3 times.but temp not reduced.at 3.30am he started fiver convension and stop within 5min with flash /sponge cold water.we thought he almost dead.immediatly start searching doctor and at last at 4.15 am we got pedritic md doctor and admit to hospital.he was given saline 2 bottle,antibotic injection along with vomiran,rantac.and frisum tab.situation become normal. he was given 2 antibiotic inj at 12 hour intervel.1st Aprl dr. release my baby. but from 2nd Aprl morning tem. start rising 100.4 f.we rush to the doctor and started nimsulide and paracetamol susp.,cefixime oral susp ip,and now last dose given augpod ds(cefpodoxime proxetil and clavulanate potassium for oral suspension) replacing cefixime.from starting dr tell me it was viral fever now telling throat infection.but till now have fever please help. i am in very stressed condition with my baby.Datta,Gujrat,India

My 1.5 yrs old son had some throat infection and high fever. Doctor prescribed him an antibiotic cefpodoxime . we gave him 3 doses, 2.5ml each. by the end of third dose, he recovered but had flushed skin. red small patches all over his body, changing with time. we have stopped antibiotic as we believe it was the cause. what else shall we do? how to treat his skin-flushing?