Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What is Hydroureteronephrosis and how it can be treated ?

Hello Doctor , I am having severe pain in my lower stomatch. Intially the doctors suggested that it could be due to acidity. However when the pain got severe, i was asked to take a scan. The scan report suggest that, i have Left Mild Hydroureteronephrosis. I am not sure of the technical word. Is this something to worry. Is it related to kidney stone. If yes, can the same be cured by tablets itself. How long woutd it take for me get back to normal. Guess i am asking too many questions, reason being i am worried.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  8677
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi i read your prob such type of disease occure due to obstruction in urinery flow due to stone or some other pathology. first you rule out what is the cause that is eighter stone or some other pathology.
treatment of it is removal of that obstruction , this is depand on where pbstruction present. if this is present lower urinary tract type of operation is introdusing stant , or chathter. in case of upper part nephroplsaty.
ok this is treatable condition in acute stage , nothing to worry meet your uro-surgeon
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello harish,
welcome to HCM
MEDICATIONS used only for pain management and infection prevention.
most are treated by minor surgical depend upon cause. if its due to uric acid stones then oral alkalisation therapy is helpful without going for surgery.similarly steroids used for retroperitoneal fibrosis.
so its important first to find the cause for it.accordingly treatment plan is followed.
treatment is removal of obstruction and drainage of urine.
stents or pyeloplasty may be needed depending upon severity in case of chronic upper tract obstruction
consult your doctor about possible intervention.
dont worry .it is treatable
take care
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor