What happens when the corner of the eye appears red with some blood clot?

A corner of my eye is red and the bottom of my eyelid appears to have some blood in it. Had for about 3 days and now around by eyeball hurts. Is this anything to worry about? I was to the eye doctor o Tuesday and she said my eyes looked healthy and that it looked like a broken blood vessel, but it didn t hurt then
Thu, 2 Aug 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The bleed in the conjunctiva could be because of increased blood pressure or even cough or constipation. It will eventually go away but we need to find the cause. If you have heaviness in the eye, then use artificial tear drops.

Hope it helps.