What does presence of nabothian cyst in the below ultrasound report suggest?

I just received my results from ultrasound done on pelvic & transvaginal. Impression: 1. The uterus appears prominent for this patient age with slight inhomogeneity of the fundus area without measure able lesions. The endometrial stripe measures 6mm. 2. Nabothian cyst is seen in the cervix. 3. Punctuate calcification in the periphery of both ovaries might be related to calcifications. 4. No adnexal masses or free fluid. Further evaluation with MRI is suggested. What could be the worst I m looking at? Would having a hysterectomy fix this problem?
Wed, 13 Apr 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Nabothian cysts are very small cysts that develop on cervix. They are mucus-filled cyst present on the surface of the cervix. They are fairly common and benign in nature, which means they are non-cancerous.
Nabothian cysts are considered harmless and usually disappear on their own and hence, don’t require treatment.
Kindly undergo further evaluation with MRI as suggested, which might be indicated to know what could be the cause of calcifications. Only after that, appropriate treatment could be instituted.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.