What does TMT means?

wht does TMT means.im asking it related to medical test done for heart patients.. plz reply.? wht does TMT means.im asking it related to medical test done for heart patients.. plz reply.?
Thu, 25 Feb 2010
's  Response
TMT - Treadmill Test -- Stress induced Electrocardiogram TMT is the most widely used test in the diagnosis of ischemic heart disease. It involves recording the 12-lead ECG before, during, and after exercise on a treadmill. The test consists of a standardized gradual incremental increase in external workload while the patient's ECG, symptoms, and arm blood pressure are continuously being monitored. The test is discontinued upon evidence of chest discomfort, severe shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, ST-segment depression of greater than 0.2 mV (2 mm), a fall in systolic blood pressure exceeding 10 mmHg, or the development of a ventricular tachyarrhythmia. This test helps to discover any relation between exercise and chest discomfort and the typical ECG signs of myocardial ischemia.
Gurdeep S Sabharwal's  Response

reply