What could lumps on ear with bruises suggest?

I have a lump by my jaw sort of under my ear, it s like the size of a pea and it doesnt hurt really but it feels kind of like a bruise when i touch it. my friend said it s a swollen gland or something. I was wondering if I should worry about it and why it s there.
Tue, 29 Sep 2015
Hematologist 's  Response
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
You may have some enlarged lymphnode due to reactive hyperplasia, tuberculosis or lymphoma. Or it can be some benign cyst. You should go for fine needle aspiration cytology or biopsy of that lump.
It will give you exact diagnosis. Then you should take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.