Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause of painful area on the mons pubis ?

Hi, I m a 13 year old girl and I discovered a red, slightly painful area on my mons pubis , (the bit where the pubic hair grows above the vagina ) which i think could be a lump, a few months ago. I haven t had sex (as I m only 13) and I am unsure if I should be concerned. It isn t always painful, only when it is knocked. What should I do? I m too afraid to speak to my parents or see a doctor.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  448
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Hannah,
Welcome to HCM
First of I would like to thank you for posting the question.In this area of the body lump formation is not common and lumps are usually painless.The possibility of local infection(caused by bacteria)is more than anything else.This should be treated by medications usually oral antibiotic is given.But like any other medicine it should be always taken only after consultation of your doctor as correct diagnosis can only be made after local examination.
So I requesting you to visit your doctor.
Thanking you.
Answered: Thu, 19 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Gastroenterology Dr. S. K. Gupta's  Response
welcome to health care magic - dont worry it could be furuncle get tab clavum 625mg 2 times a day x 5days,get wellsoon
Answered: Thu, 19 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor