• question-icon

What causes yellow stool after taking Glipizide and Metamucil?

I started taking glipizide 3 days ago for type 2 diabetes. Also started taking Metamucil before each meal at MD suggestion. Since then my feces have a yellowish color to them. No diarrhea. Is this just a normal side effect or something I need to check out with my doc?
Tue, 8 Dec 2015
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
**

1. Since metamucil [psyllium fibre] usually comes in orange flavour thus could be the reason of feces getting yellowish color to them and since there is no urgency to pass stool thus is normal functioning of the drug and body.

2. You may check with your doctor for unflavored form of metamucil.