What causes wrist and finger numbness when diagnosed with radial nerve palsy?

Hi.
I woke up 9 days ago without the ability to use my left wrist and fingers. I am completely numb from forearm to thumb and has since spread to index and middle fingers. I went to urgent care and was diagnosed with radial nerve Palsey. I have been trying to see neurologist for 8 days now. I have stat referrals from an orthopedic surgeon, but still nobody will help me. I am afraid. Would it be the right choice to just go to the emergency room asap? Will they perform all the tests needed? Also, this was random onset. I have no kind of injury or trauma and verified with x ray.

Thank you for any advice or help you can provide
Wed, 2 Aug 2017
Hi i do care for your concern.
You have not mentioned your age, and said that you have been diagnosed with radial nerve palsy.
Due to compression of radial nerve at around the shoulder joint, cause this symptom, It may also occur due to compression of neck bones on nerve in old ages.
As you have said the numbness is spreading, it is advisable to get to emergency room and treated accordingly.
In most of the cases nerve decompression followed with physiotherapy and with micronutrient supplementation, the condition can be completely cured.
Hope you relive of this condition soon.
If you have more doubts feel free to ask.
Thank you.