What causes vomiting and diarrhea?

My daughter started throwing up saturday night. She was fine all sunday and then Monday night she threw up again throughout the night. I took her to the walk in they said she has a ear infection and gave her antibiotics. Monday was the last night she threw up That night she started having diarrhea and has had it since which today would be day 4. It is a orange red color and today it had like three red chunks that look like little stones. Other than the diarrhea she is acting normal. What is this?? I will be taking her to walk in tomorrow
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

How old is your daughter? And what colour is the antibiotic that she is taking as medications can sometimes give stool an unusual colour?

I don't know what country you are writing in from as this is an international platform, but if you are in a country with good sanitation such as the US or UK, the most likely cause of vomiting followed by diarrhoea is viral gastroenteritis (commonly called "stomach flu").

As I don't have enough information to go on here (such as her age, if she is having fevers, number of diarrheal stools/day, and if she is keeping in liquids), I can't advise further.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, General & Family Physician