What causes vertigo with a history of hypertension?

I am a physical therapy and received a referral note from primary physician and suspected to have vertigo . Pt is 56 years old who have history of hypertension and abscess. patient received antibiotic medication for his infection. last week, he fell at the post office secondary to dizziness and another fall incident happened on following day at bed without clear reasons from the patient. Dix hall maneuver and head thrust done with patient and pt was not complaining of dizziness or vertigo at all, pt standing balance is good without alter ambulation. At conclusion on my assessment had blood pressure of 177/98mmhg without c/o dizziness. my question is this patient would be consider having problem with vestibular ? kindly enlighten me. thanks.
Fri, 15 Mar 2019
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

Vertigo is the problem associated with the flow of the liquid in the ear. As the patient is having vertigo it should not be confused with postural hypotension.

Also, checking the blood pressure before and after the vestibular rehabilitation is advised to check the blood pressure symptoms.

The patient may have the problem of vertigo for a short duration and can be helped with vestibular rehabilitation exercises.

Nothing to worry much, as sometimes due to aging factor and irresponsibility towards own health may lead to some short duration symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Jay Indravadan Patel, Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist