What causes vaginal bleeding and abdominal cramps?

I am a 69 year old woman. I have just noticed that I am lightly bleeding from my vaginal. It is Sunday and my family doctor doesn't work until Tuesday. I've starting having some abdominal cramping. Is this at all urgent? (I have severe Ra and Spinal Stenosis).
Mon, 26 Dec 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Vaginal bleeding associated with abdominal cramps in a 69 year old woman needs evaluation at the earliest.
You need to undergo per speculum examination by consulting Gynecologist. Based on the findings, you might need to be further investigated by undergoing PAP smear examination and ultrasound scan of the abdomen.
Based on the clinical and investigation findings, the treatment would be executed.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
Wish you good health.