What causes trigger finger in the thumb?

I was showering the other morning and my thumb locked up and would not move. It wasn t like a catch or a joint locking up. My arms the night before were numb and tingling. I went to the emergency room and they said I had a seizure. They diagnosed this with out even taking my blood pressure etc. I went to a different doctor, that one said it was an anxiety attack. both are wrong. Not sure what caused this. I m thinking maybe neurological . Thinking I should have a MRI . I m a 24 year old female in excellent health, I work out no less then 3 time a week and I eat very healthy.Jacey
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

First of all, let me tell you that blood pressure reading is not required for the diagnosis of seizure.

In my opinion, thumb getting locked up was probably Trigger thumb- a condition where swelling at the base of thumb locks up the thumb in flexion.

For this, I would suggest painkillers and if it persists then probably you may need a local steroid injection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.