What causes thick skin formation under the toenails?

there is thick skin from the right and left sides of my toenails that builds up under the sides of my toenails and then the nails become ingrown. there is also extra skin that grows from above my nail and into my nail. it builds up so much that my toenails protrude. I m pretty sure it s a keratin buildup, but I can t seem to get rid of it.I ve tried Kerasilk and other things like lotion with an exfoliator, but nothing seems to help. I wonder if I will always have this problem.
Fri, 30 Aug 2019

It's INGROWING NAILS due to tight-fitting footwear. The only way is a SURGICAL correction.

Your doctor can remove the thickened skin alongside the INGROWING area in two sides.

Consult Dermatologist, he or she can give the right guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Puvvula Kishore Kumar, Dermatologist