What causes swelling on the left side of the neck?

Can you help me check some of my co workers symptoms? She is having swelling in the left side of her neck up under her jaw. With pain up into her head. Her ear had some pressure. She is also having pain while swallowing. She also had a dr appointment recently and they said her white blood cell count was moderately elevated.
Thu, 23 Aug 2018

Your symptoms suggestive of enlarged lymph nodes or salivary gland. It could be acute inflammation or infection like condition in which WBC count can be elevated. Kindly attach full CBC report to check it. If neutrophils also elevated then antibiotic course prescribed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.