What causes soreness in tongue?

My tongue feels sore like ive drank a hot drink and it has been feeling like this for the past week i havent seen no change in the appearence of my tongue but i have stopped smokeing for good seeming as cigarettes are bad for you. Could you tell me why my tongue may be like this?
Fri, 31 Oct 2014
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for consulting HCM

Read your query as you soreness on tongue this can be due to Smoking habit , Thermal burn Nutritional deficiency or due to depapillation of papillae .
I will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for clinical examination of tongue and in meantime avoid hot and spicy food , quit smoking , you can take vitamin supplements by consulting with you local doctor .

Hope this will help you.