What causes sharp pain in the upper thigh?

I am having an extremely, sharp pain in my upper thigh. It is very quick , and only seems to be helped by standing up and walking around. It s like a cramp but unlike anything I ve ever experienced. It runs up from my knee to my extreme upper thigh.
Mon, 5 Nov 2018

As a first line management, you can take analgesics like Paracetamol or Aceclofenac for pain relief.

If symptoms persist it is better to consult an orthopedician to rule out neuropathic causes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,