What causes severe neck pain on the left side?

Hello out of nowhere I started getting severe pain in left side of my neck. At times in is severe and will not go away without pain medication. Its the left side od neck and hurts in the trap muscle and at time pain in behind my left eye like a migraine. I am two weeks this way and is getting very annoying. Help
Fri, 13 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Dear are you male or female?? Since when you're suffering from above problem?? It may be due to cervical spondylosis or radiculopathy or muscle spasm or fibromyalgia or chronic pain syndrome etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.
Use pain killers, avoid high pillows, use cold and worm compression.
If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.