What causes red and itchy rashes on the elbows, neck and knees?

Hello, I have recently broke out in a rash on the insides of my elbows, my neck, the backs of my knees and the land down under. It is very itchy and red. It is a raised rash and sometimes will look scaly. When I itch sometimes it will flake. It can get sore and bleed if I itch to much. I have been trying to keep lotion on the rash as it helps some but not a lot. I have Celiac Disease and have been diagnosed for almost a year. Do you have any ideas of what it could be and how to treat it? I went to get some hydro-cortisone cream but most of them contain gluten and I can t use them.
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You see to have developed an eczematous rash. An eczematous rash is usually itchy, red and may be oozy, if acute or dry/scaly, if chronic. I suggest you to use a moisturizer, as often as possible. In addition I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% cream Or betamethasone valerate 0.1% cream Or Betamethasone dipropionate 0.05% cream, twice daily. These are prescription steroids. You may also take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine tablet for symptomatic relief from itching.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.