What causes recurring fever and cough in a toddler?

Hi , I am in Singapore. My son is 2 years 2 month old and coughing a lot and cant sleep in the night. having fever. I am giving Paracetamol and cough medicine as per the doctor s prescription. But fever intermittently going down and coming. Any good medicines for cough that I can take from Singapore.
Tue, 14 Jul 2015
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, such symptoms could be due to viral infection and this is nothing to worry because this would fine once the course of disease overs and this is nothing to worry, hope this information helps, take care and have a nice day.