What causes persistent pain in the back and neck along with nausea?

I have been having back and neck pain as well as pain down my legs for a number of weeks. I have IBSC and take linzess which works ok but I have very loose stools with it. Saw my doctor who ordered a pelvic ultrasound which I had las wee and was told it was fine. But for 4 days I am having bad nausea and can t eat much. Since I have suffered from so long with gastro problems I just felt like I have to live with it but now having the back pain and the nausea it s very uncomfortable. Thanks
Wed, 15 May 2019

Noted the history of IBS-C that is irritable bowel syndrome with constipation, taking Linzess but have loose stools with it and now backache, neck pain and nausea on the top of it making life uncomfortable.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Consult a Gastroenterologist so that any specific tests of stool, blood, colonoscopy and CT scan be done to know the condition. Also discuss about another causes and another medications to suit you the most and at the same time be most useful without any side effects.
As for the nausea, take a PPI like Omeprazole and Domperidone and see the results.
Neck and back pain can be due to local factors, myalgia, fibromyalgia which is caused by the stress and anxiety as these are also the causes of IBS.
Also note the foods and beverages that instigate or enhance your problems so that a proper management can be done.
Take anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants for the pain in neck and back. If there is no relief then you may need further evaluation and investigations to know the cause and get treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant,
ENT & General Surgeon