What causes palpitations at night?

My grandson is looking for a doctor as he is experiencing a rapid heart rate especially at night when he lays down and sometimes he has a little pain. He is overweight and only 24 years old. He works at night until Could you suggest who he needs to see as he does not have a doctor.
Mon, 5 Feb 2018
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

Your heart rate increases and decreases depending on the amount of demand placed on your muscles. When the demand is high, your heart pumps harder to deliver extra oxygen to your muscles for metabolism. Carrying extra dead weight in the form of fat increases your muscles' workload, causing an elevated heart rate whenever you do physical activity. It is not so much your total body weight that counts, but the ratio of fat to lean mass, known as your body composition.

Dr. Manjunath, General & Family Physician